CCGG recognizes that the assessment of environmental and social (E&S) factors, in addition to governance factors, in all steps of the investment process is an increasingly critical risk management function. The E&S Committee was created to assist CCGG in providing best practice guidance on E&S risk matters, through a governance lens. Specifically the committee will be:
- Developing guidelines for boards on their oversight of E&S factors, such as evaluating the materiality of E&S risks and ensuring proper controls are in place to mitigate and manage those risks.
- Providing guidance to companies as to the expected standards of E&S risk disclosure (in order that shareholders are able to assess whether directors are meeting their E&S risk oversight responsibilities).
- Assisting in further integrating E&S into the CCGG board engagement program.
- Barbara Zvan (OTPP) – Chair
- Michelle de Cordova (NEI) - Vice Chair
- Philippe Bélanger - (Desjardins Global Asset Management)
- Maarten Bloemen (Franklin Templeton)
- Chris Guthrie (Hillsdale)
- Stephanie Lachance (PSP Investments)
- Marie-Claude Provost (caisse de depot et placement du Quebec)
- Alison Schneider (Alberta Investment Management Corporation)
- Shilpa Tawari - (OMERS)