Organizations can be involved in the activities of CCGG by applying to become a Member or an Associate.
All applications are subject to the approval of CCGG’s Board of Directors.
- A pension plan, investment advisor, mutual or other fund manager (or similar organization) that in the ordinary course of business manages money in a fiduciary capacity is eligible for membership.
- Members are entitled to receive notice of all Member meetings and to attend and vote at those meetings.
- Members are eligible to participate in all CCGG Member committees (subject to availability).
- Members are entitled to receive all communications from the Coalition including company-specific information such as detailed reviews of the governance practices of Canadian companies and engagement meeting reports.
- Fees are based on total assets under management (AUM). The annual fee for Members with total AUM below $1.5 billion is $2,500.
- As the AUM increases above $1.5 billion, the fee escalates on a straight-line basis by $1,500 for every $1 billion to a maximum annual fee of $44,000.
- The following organizations are eligible to become an Associate:
- a non-Canadian-based pension plan, investment advisor, mutual or other fund manager (or similar organization) that in the ordinary course of business manages money in a fiduciary capacity and invests in Canadian equities;
- an organization that is actively involved in promoting good governance in Canada or elsewhere and/or would provide a unique perspective that would assist CCGG in working to improve corporate governance in Canada; or
- a Canadian or international professional organization, including a legal or accounting firm, with proven expertise in corporate governance.
- Associates are eligible to participate in most CCGG Member committees (subject to availability).
- Associates are entitled to receive all general information and communications sent to Members with the exception of any company specific information.
- Associates will be invited to attend Member meetings but they are not entitled to vote at those meetings.The annual fee for an Associate is $3,000.
If you are interested in joining the Canadian Coalition for Good Governance, please contact Fely David at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 416-868-3576.